** See all the Banners **
Old 02-21-2009, 09:48 AM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
jstabreadwgn55182
 
jstabreadwgn55182's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Just raced a Cobalt SS turbo ...

Last night I raced the new cobalt SS turbocharged . We raced from 60 mph in third gear ( we were on the highway ) . We raced all the way up to 140mph , and I only pulled maybe a fender on him . He was bone stock and I have cat - back and an intake . The cobalts a nice car , and is def. lighter and more aerodynamic than the caliber , I felt the wind taking its toll on my car in the higher speeds .. IMO it's a driver's race when it comes to these two cars .

'08 CSRT4 Inferno Red
AEM intake , cat back exhaust , Mopar BOV , Mirror black powder coated wheels , 5% tint , NGK's @ .40 , shorty antenna .

'91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - turbo back exhaust , turbo XS BOV

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
kingpiccoloz
 
kingpiccoloz's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
yea its nice but i wouldnt trade one for my csrt. i like the uniqueness of our cars in the 4-cylinder turbo world.

*note* i just went and looked at pics of them again...all i see is a glorified cavalier thats been turbocharged lol.


Last edited by kingpiccoloz : 02-21-2009 at 09:54 AM.
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
SRT racer
 
shay0160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 554
shay0160 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabreadwgn55182 View Post
Last night I raced the new cobalt SS turbocharged . We raced from 60 mph in third gear ( we were on the highway ) . We raced all the way up to 140mph , and I only pulled maybe a fender on him . He was bone stock and I have cat - back and an intake . The cobalts a nice car , and is def. lighter and more aerodynamic than the caliber , I felt the wind taking its toll on my car in the higher speeds .. IMO it's a driver's race when it comes to these two cars .

'08 CSRT4 Inferno Red
AEM intake , cat back exhaust , Mopar BOV , Mirror black powder coated wheels , 5% tint , NGK's @ .40 , shorty antenna .

'91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - turbo back exhaust , turbo XS BOV
sounds like its time to get stage one.
__________________
08 Sunburst CSRT4: OG II, Kicker audio, sun roof, polished rims with F1's.
-Mopar ipod interface
-Full Straight TBE from Exhaust Depot
-ptp's inlet tube & Drop in K&N
-MPx Full pillar Dual Gauge
-AEM wide band
-Mopar Stage 1
-NGk iriduim plugs
-ptps Wastegate
-Ptp's MAP/TIP clamp
-Ptp's 50% Short Throw Shifter
-Ptp's/Deatschwerks 590cc Injectors
342whp 369wtq 20psi


....AND YES THATS MY GIRFRIEND AND MY WIFE IS SITTING ON HER
shay0160 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpiccoloz View Post
yea its nice but i wouldnt trade one for my csrt. i like the uniqueness of our cars in the 4-cylinder turbo world.

*note* i just went and looked at pics of them again...all i see is a glorified cavalier thats been turbocharged lol.
x2.

Drive across the state with a Cobalt...you'll want to get a CSRT4 when you're done.

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
gumper
 
gumper's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
I've never seen an SS that was fast. They must be heavily dependent on the driver. One at our 1/8 mile track was only turning high 10s. Sickening. I'd also never buy one since they are GM, ugly as hell, overrated, and they are made by GM...(yes I listed it twice thanks). I don't own a CSRT4 yet, but the one I drove really impressed me.

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumper View Post
I've never seen an SS that was fast. They must be heavily dependent on the driver. One at our 1/8 mile track was only turning high 10s. Sickening. I'd also never buy one since they are GM, ugly as hell, overrated, and they are made by GM...(yes I listed it twice thanks). I don't own a CSRT4 yet, but the one I drove really impressed me.
The older supercharged versions were nothing to raise an eyebrow at. The new turbocharged directed injected ones are.

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
JJO
 
JJO's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb

Right outta the box, the SS can run w/ a Stg 2 NSRT
and bolting on a few goodies u can easily hit over 300whp !
Plus braking & handling is superior


Last edited by JJO : 02-21-2009 at 03:38 PM.
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
gumper
 
gumper's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
I actually went to look at a new SS today, and what a friggin joke. They are SOOO cheap it's unbelievable. Definitely a kiddie car. The interior had more plastic than a scale model kit, uncomfortable seats, and it vibrates bad at idle. The lope the engine has is very annoying, so I won't even consider buying one. The Caliber feels, drives, and looks better than the Cobalt. It's not worth the extra tenth or so for the Cobalt. If you were fresh out of high school, ran pizza deliveries, and wanted a 'cheap' overall sport compact, then the Cobalt SS if for you. However if you want a good car that you can take a family in, and still make impressive runs at the strip, then pick up a CSRT4. I know that's my choice between the two.

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
billy p
 
billy p's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO View Post
Right outta the box, the SS can run w/ a Stg 2 NSRT
and bolting on a few goodies u can easily hit over 300whp !
Plus braking & handling is superior
this may be true about the cobalt. but the cobalt has a smaller turbo that is almost at its limite. and the caliber is better at breaking, not handling. the cobalt has less displacement aswell. all's im saying is that the nsrt4 and the csrt4 have bigger engins and turbo's.they will altimitly be faster on the drag strip and a few suspetion modes,you'll be fine on the road courses.

and dude, your nsrt4 looks bad ass

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
josh88505
 
josh88505's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
I agree...iv taken so many ss...there a joke....there only been 1 evo to take me. And 2 stiLs all 3 are heavily...and I mean HEAVILY tuned. And were on bottles.

 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply



LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.calibersrt4.net/dodge-caliber-srt-4-performance/21226-just-raced-cobalt-ss-turbo.html
Posted By For Type Date
I can get a new SS/TC for $18,905 - Page 3 - Cobalt SS Network This thread Refback 05-09-2011 09:14 PM
I can get a new SS/TC for $18,905 - Page 3 - Cobalt SS Network This thread Refback 07-22-2009 03:46 PM
Pontiac Gto Forum, Pontiac Gto Engine Mounts, Pontiac Gto Muscle Car This thread Trackback 03-08-2009 09:23 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cobalt Turbo owner looking to switch. vahdyx Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Discussion 31 10-13-2010 12:10 PM
ss turbo cobalt vs calibrtd CALIBRTD Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Discussion 133 06-24-2010 08:32 PM
new kill COBALT SS TURBO billy p Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Discussion 10 08-14-2009 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
CaliberSRT4.net - All posts are the copyright of the original authors and must be referenced with a link.
This site is not affiliated nor endorsed by Chrysler LLC. Dodge Caliber and related trademarks are the property of Chrysler LLC.
This site is best viewed in 1024 x 768 resolution or higher within a browser compliant with W3C web standards like Mozilla Firefox.
Sitemap Index - Archive